Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Passport Book

I applied for my first passport book on September 8th. I thought the process would be difficult and tedious, but to my surprise it was quite the opposite.

The Process for First Time U.S. Applicants

1) Go to the website below and to find a local facility (typically a post office) that accepts passport applications.

Passport Facility Search: http://iafdb.travel.state.gov/
Where to Apply: http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/where/where_4851.html

2) I brought my driver's license, social security card, and birth certificate to the Post Office. I also made copies of my driver's license and social security card, in the case that their copy machine was down, which it was... They submit your birth certificate with the passport application so make sure it is certified/the original because copies will NOT be accepted.

3) On my way, I visited a local CVS Store to take and print my (2) passport photos for about $10. I forgot to bring my coupon to get $2.00 off, but a link to the coupon can be found below:

Coupon Link: http://www.cvsphoto.com/passport-photos

4) I filled out Form DS-11 at the post office, made the oath, made the payment, and submitted the application. The payment can either be debit or money order, no credit. I paid for expedited service, and I received my passport in 8 days!  So simple and fast.

For more information on how to obtain your passport please visit the government link below:
http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

No comments:

Post a Comment