Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Vaccines

A few days ago my sister called me to tell me that I should get vaccinated before going to China. So, I called my primary doctor to schedule an appointment for vaccination and a general check-up. As it turns out I was suppose to see a travel clinic, and not my primary doctor to receive these vaccinations.

Where I live there aren't many travel clinics in the area. I called the hospital nearby and luckily they do have one. But, it's only open one day a week and at very particular times.

The CDC recommends getting vaccinated at least 2 weeks before traveling. And now, I probably won't get vaccinated until 1 day before traveling.  I don't know if that's good or bad. Or if it's worth it in that case...

Learn from my mistake, find a local travel clinic either through maps.google.com or http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/content/travel-clinics.aspx and try to schedule an appointment ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment