I went to the CDC website to find out which vaccines were needed for China. There were no required vaccines.
This is a list of the vaccines the CDC recommends:
Of these vaccines, I already have the Polio and Hep B vaccine. So, I was only concerned with receiving the Hepatitis A and and maybe the typhoid vaccines. But, your doctor will inform you of which vaccines you need depending on what region in China you'll be traveling to.
Today, I visited the travel clinic, and received the Hep A, Typhoid, as well as the Flu vaccine all in one arm. The doctor tried giving me medication for malaria, but I turned it down.
The muscles in my arm are so sore, I can barely move it. The nurse kept telling me to relax the muscles in my arm, but how can one not tighten the muscles in the arm when one's arm is repeatedly jabbed with a needle?
Tip 1: When visiting the travel clinic, make sure to bring a copy of your immunization records beforehand. Also, carry a copy when you go abroad, just in case.
Tip 2: Make sure to schedule your appointment with the travel clinic at least 1-2 weeks before your travel date, so that the doctors have time to check whether the vaccine was effective.
This is a list of the vaccines the CDC recommends:
- Hepatitis A
- High prevalence
- Transmitted via
- Person-to-person contact
- Contaminated water/ice
- Shellfish from contaminated waters
- Uncooked fruits and vegetables
- Hepatitis B
- High prevalence
- Transmitted via
- Blood
- Blood-derived fluids
- Typhoid
- High prevalence in South Asia
- Transmitted via
- Water contaminated by infected person(s) feces
- Polio
- Japanese encephalitis
- Low prevalence
- Transmitted via
- Mosquito bite
- Rabies
Of these vaccines, I already have the Polio and Hep B vaccine. So, I was only concerned with receiving the Hepatitis A and and maybe the typhoid vaccines. But, your doctor will inform you of which vaccines you need depending on what region in China you'll be traveling to.
Today, I visited the travel clinic, and received the Hep A, Typhoid, as well as the Flu vaccine all in one arm. The doctor tried giving me medication for malaria, but I turned it down.
The muscles in my arm are so sore, I can barely move it. The nurse kept telling me to relax the muscles in my arm, but how can one not tighten the muscles in the arm when one's arm is repeatedly jabbed with a needle?
Tip 1: When visiting the travel clinic, make sure to bring a copy of your immunization records beforehand. Also, carry a copy when you go abroad, just in case.
Tip 2: Make sure to schedule your appointment with the travel clinic at least 1-2 weeks before your travel date, so that the doctors have time to check whether the vaccine was effective.
AGAIN, BE SURE TO VISIT A DESIGNATED TRAVEL CLINIC
check maps.google.com or http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/content/travel-clinics.aspx for your nearest travel clinic.
No comments:
Post a Comment